I grew up in a small town in Connecticut and earned a degree in International Affairs from the George Washington University in Washington, DC. In 1999, I moved to California and have lived in San Carlos for the past seventeen years.
My wife, Allison, and I have three daughters: one attends Design Tech High School, one is at Central Middle School and one is at Arroyo School. I am an Eagle Scout.
I started my career in Washington DC as a legislative aide for Congresswoman Barbara Kennelly drafting policy on a range of issues including housing, crime, education and environmental matters.
After moving to California, I worked for TechNet, a leading high tech trade association. Later, I spent nine years at Symantec building and leading their global public affairs program, which included government relations, philanthropy and corporate responsibility. I also worked as Regional Vice President, Northern California for TechAmerica which was at the time the nation’s largest high tech trade association.
I am currently a Senior Vice President at Potomac International Partners, a small consulting firm.
I am an active volunteer in the community.
- Trustee, San Carlos School Board. I served four years, finishing in 2015, as a Trustee on the San Carlos School Board working towards improving the educational experience for all our school children.
- VP, San Carlos Chamber of Commerce. I currently serve on the executive committee for the San Carlos Chamber of Commerce and focus on promoting local businesses.
- Classroom Volunteer. I volunteer in my daughters' classrooms on garden science activities and at school-wide events.
- Coach, Youth Sports. I have volunteered as a youth sports coach for several years.
- I served on the Measure A Committee, which successfully renewed an expiring parcel tax in San Carlos and ensured that approximately $1 million dollars in critical education funding would be available for the school district.
- I served on the Measure H Committee, which successfully passed a $72 million bond to build and upgrade our school facilities in San Carlos.
- Board Member, Reading Partners. I served on the national board for Reading Partners, a non-profit focusing on one-to-one tutoring during the school day to improve literacy at the elementary grade levels.